Monday, November 9, 2009

In the Meantime

"When you have a good heart,.life does not turn its back on you."
Iyanla Vanzant from her book, In The Meantime.


F - Friendly
I - Interesting
B - Bold
R - Reliable
O - One
M - MOM
Y - Yacker
A - Amicable
L - Listener
G - Grandma
I - Independent
A - Angel (This might be a stretch)


Can you use the word Fibromyalgia and list one-word, POSITIVE description of yourself? I thought this would be an easy exercise, but discovered it was not. 1) We don't always think of positive descriptions for ourselves and 2) I found the vowels more difficult than the consonants.

Give it a try...

4 comments:

  1. F-Faithful
    I-Intelligent
    B-Brassy
    R-Random
    O-Ostentatious
    M-Meek
    Y-Young
    A-Alert
    L-Loving
    G-Great!
    I-Interested (in others)
    A-Always Around (Dependable)


    Thanks, that was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie, I just found your blog, I also afflicted with fibro and chronic fatigue..not doing very well at all right now..my email is bboyack1@yahoo.com and my blog is http://dogmomdiva.blogspot.com/ would love to hear from you, not many I know have fibro and just don't understand..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Idea! I am going to give it a try ... I will need a quiet spot and some some deep contemplative thinking to conjure up 12 adjectives that describe myself! Thanks for the opportunity to self-reflect. Is it ok if I recreate the idea on my blog? Cheers! - Elizabeth (www.asofawithaview.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just quick enough to try...

    Frank
    Imaginative
    Brave
    Responsible
    Orderly
    Mellow
    Yummy
    Appreciative
    Loving
    Generous
    Independent
    Ardent

    Ta-da! :)

    ReplyDelete