Sunday, December 13, 2009

Nothing is Impossible

I apologize for the visual look of this post. I have spent alot of time trying to include spacing with no luck.
"There is a place in you where there is a perfect place.
There is a place in you where nothing is impossible."
A Course in Miracles
I think this quote comes under the heading of learning to have confidence in yourself. I was fairly confident prior to my diagnosis of Fibro and Chronic Fatigue. At that time, my confidence went in the toilet!
I know for sure (I sound like Oprah!!!) that my God and my family love me unconditionally. After that, how I fit in this world is shaken. I know I will be ok...I'm still "in there." I'm sensitive to how I will accomplish every day tasks; how I interact with others; what and when I eat. Should I drive or does my Fibro Fog cause distractions? The list is endless.
I'm working on regaining my self confidence. Learning who I am, because I feel different. This is a very personal journey. I can feel my progress. When my pain level increases, my confidence is shaky. I question my decisions and responses. Sometimes it's two steps forward, one backward. I'm gaining, but only baby steps.
My goal is to continue working on my confidence so it will allow me to try anything again. Well, almost "anything."
I wonder if other Fibro/Chronic Fatigue sufferers write "To Do" lists. They help me see my accomplishment.

5 comments:

  1. I make lists for everything, or I'd never remember anything. Thanks for all your sweet comments. Will email an appropriate response to them in the next few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way that we constantly have to question ourselves and every little decision or action we take is, I think, the absolute worst aspect of FM.

    There are days when nothing I say comes out of my mouth right. Those are the worst. My two boys used to giggle at me. But as they get older they understand a bit more about what this illness really is and just how emotionally wrecking it is. They pamper me during those horrible days. And I try to pamper them right back when I have the energy. With family it's give and take.

    Sometimes we can laugh at ourselves and other times it's all we can do not to punch the walls and cry in frustration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. chronic pain narcotics opioids are effective but very dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you email me your email? I have some questions to ask you! I am desperately needing some help with questions with mom. my email is: hpaxton@aol.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, you've got to really know that your getting better... getting well is not impossible. You may wonder about the timing (or lack thereof), but know that better health can come again. Sending you holiday hugs and wishes for a healthier 2010, Cinda

    ReplyDelete