Saturday, February 5, 2011

Solve Problems

"Solve Problems Instead Of Making Them Worse"
For those of us with Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue (FM/CF), dealing with daily tasks are tricky. We must take each situation and make it easier, helping our body to cope. To follow are a few examples.
My sink is lower than is comfortable for me. I open the cabinet door and place my foot on the facing. The facing is about six inches higher than the floor. If I have a lot of dishes, I alternate feet, taking pressure off my lower back.
An Occupational Therapist suggested (if I had dishwasher), instead of bending over to close the dishwasher door, use my foot to bring the door closed. Here again helping the lower back.
Electric can openers will save your hands.
Adjustments to daily tasks can take pressure off your body. When we do not adjust, our pain increases. Quite often anxiety will then enter the picture.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Debbie yes anxiety, that most times is harder to deal with then the pain.I am always trying to find different ways to make my pain less. Thanks for sharing. I do wish it would warm up here in Canada that makes it much harder but I am surviving doing things differently. I am snowshoeing and I thought it would make my fibro much worse, I am surprised it seems to ease my pain. A great bonus. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb. I know what you mean. I keep a bottle opener around to help me open those way too tight twist tops on salad dressings, water bottles, etc. Also a jar opener. My hands need a break whenever I can give it to them.

    ReplyDelete