Saturday, October 16, 2010

IBS

My IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) flared yesterday. Shouldn't be surprised when I had increased pain and exhaustion the day before. I hate this symptom. Can't do anything without running to the bathroom. On Slippery Elm. If you haven't tried Slippery Elm, give it a try. It soothes the intestinal tract and calms the cramping. Best remedy .... getting off my feet helps too.


When I was working, I would go on average 12 times a day. I saw the doctor and she prescribed medication to help with the cramping. The medication cut the amount of times I'd go to half, but still miserable. I got the heads up about Slippery Elm from my local health store owner. It was hard for me to talk to a man about my bathroom habits. But so glad I did as he put me on the right track. In the beginning, I drank a warm cup of Slippery Elm three times a day. I am now able to have it as needed. Hope tomorrow is a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment