Sunday, January 2, 2011

Football and Fibromyalgia

I love watching football! I don't have a favorite team right now, but I enjoy if the guys are playing the top of their game. This time of year we are headed for playoff season, which starts next Sunday. They will eliminate teams down to the last two, who will play in the Superbowl.

Football is good for my Fibromyalgia. It holds me in my chair. My body relaxes and sometimes I sleep through a quarter. There are times that I get excited and my body tenses, my mouth starts blabbing, which causes my head to hurt, so I need to be careful.

This week I've spent a lot of time in my chair. I am out of my Venlaflaxine 75 mg. I take 325 mg total and am thankful it was not my 150 mg prescription. I didn't know my doctor's office was closing the week between Christmas and the new year. The pharmacy sent a request for a refill and it's sitting in the fax machine waiting for the office to open Monday morning. I've been out since Wednesday. I have tried to keep my activity at a low level, afraid I will flare. My busiest activity has been carrying items downstairs. I limit myself to three carries each day. Thankfully, I'm done with that activity. Tuesday, I will take down the Christmas tree and decorations. A trip to the pharmacy is at the top of my list on Monday. I must make priorities. If I go to the pharmacy and pick up a few groceries, that's the end of my day...back to my trusty chair. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, I am sorry you are in such pain, i think one fear I have is running out of my pain meds..also my antidepressants...now if they would only work better..I know you will be a busy bee tomorrow getting to the pharmacy!

    hugs
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb Take care I understand.I love my chair. I do not watch football but watch movies to slow my head and body down. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get your medicine today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHH!! take care Dear. Get well soon and God bless you. I can feel you pain. Take medicine Everyday at regular time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hiya

    have you tried to do some stretching exercises on a daily basis

    ReplyDelete