Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Have You Ever?

Have you ever ....


Heard of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?


Had to ask a loved one not to hug you?

Slept an hour and a half, then awake the rest of the night?


Had to get out of bed because you were so stiff and sore?


Been so physically exhausted that you couldn't be on your feet long enough to shower?


Had your head throbbing and aching all day long?


Had excessive migraines headaches?


Felt like your neck was in pain could no longer hold up your head?

Had your arms and legs tingle and loose feeling?


Had your body ache continuously?




Felt like you had a sunburn on your skin .... but you don't?


Had shooting pains??

Experienced Irritable Bowel Syndrome or constipation as an ongoing issue?


Had an Irritable Bladder?


Stumbled or fell because you couldn't pick your leg up from total exhaustion?



Fallen upon rising from a sitting position or passed out?

Experienced Restless Leg Syndrome?


Felt like you had bugs crawling on you ... commonly called "The Creepy Crawlies?"


Had such a dry mouth that you couldn't get your tongue off the roof of your mouth to form your words?


Had such dry lips that they hurt?


Tried to swallow food and have it stick in your throat?


Had muscles that feel like ropes in your body?


Had excess mucus in your throat?


Been out of control with your cognitive function?


Had depression or an anxiety attack?





I hope not!

8 comments:

  1. Debbie I am sad to say I have. I hope you are feeling better. I know it is hard. I am having an easier time because it is warm here in Canada yeah I feel a little normal now. I am good I hope till winter raises its ugly head again. Take care my friend. I will not let this darn thing win. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie! I do hope you are feeling a bit better today! Boy am I familiar with so many of those things as many of us are! It is going to super hot here today and I finally broke down and turned on the A/C. I am just so exhausted today. I am going to take a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie, I read this and felt saddness for you and also relief that others can express what i feel so I cant be going mad! I hope you are feeling less of everything, gentle hugs from the other side of the world

    ReplyDelete
  4. That 'hard to swallow' feeling is actually a medical condition in its own right, strangely enough! It's called Dysphagia. And yup, I've struggled with it, too. Especially hard to deal with when you actually have an appetite but no way to get it down to your stomach. Or during medication time. That is the WORST!

    Ever had a Xanax stuck in your throat and slowly melt?! GACK! The taste alone is enough to make you gag. Very bitter.

    *gentle hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I am just stubled across your blog today. I was diagnosed with fibro when I was 16, I am now 19. I have been struggling with how to deal with the never ending pain and fatigue. It is good(and yet sad) to know that I am not alone in this journey. Thank you for sharing your experiences but at the same time am saddened that you have to endure these things too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just came across your blog and wanted to say hi. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia several years ago but didn't want to believe I had it. I spent lots of time trying to convince myself until I realized that I do have it.
    I tried conventional medicine which failed me miserably and now am taking a more holistic approach and feel much better.
    Stop by my blog and say hi!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's all too familiar. I had pretty severe pain in my chest last night just because the nighttime meds seemed to be stuck in my esophagus. I described it as feeling like I'd been shot. Over and over the pain intensified and spread into my ribs and shoulders, out from the sternum. It lasted far too long for something so stupid.

    Anyway, you're not alone. I hope you know that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate this post! ;) It makes me cry in just the first few lines because I can relate too well. Thank you for making me feel like I am not alone (or that it's not all in my head and that I am just lazy)!!

    ReplyDelete