Monday, July 6, 2009

Mind and Body Savers

To follow are a few mind and body savers that I've learned that help me deal with Fibromyalgia Disease and Chronic Fatigue. As you can tell from my past posts, I don't always practice what I preach...

Create a weekly or monthly meal planner. Then remember to take what you need from the freezer right after breakfast. When I remember in the afternoon that I didn't get whatever from the freezer, it's usually too late for that meal plan. Then anxiety sets in...you get the picture.

When you cook a meal, prepare extra to freeze for another meal. Prepare whatever you can towards the meal at your best time of the day. Mine is the morning.

Invest in ANY gadget that makes your day easier, whether it's an electric can opener, lift chair, lap top computer, cushioned mat for your floor or an electric lap blanket to name a few. I get cold and can't get warm. My husband, Dwain, calls it a "cold snap." Doesn't take long for the blanket to do it's job. If you are relaxing on the bed, couch or chair, reading or watching TV then you are multi-tasking. WOW...didn't think you could do that anymore did ya?

It is difficult for me to lift my arms above my head. I have a very short haircut. Saves the arms when I shampoo and I no longer need a blow dryer or curling iron.

It's nice to have a recliner or a chair with an ottoman. I also recommend arms on your recliner or chair. You need a place to rest your arms, otherwise they are constantly tense.

When traveling, stop often to stretch EVERYTHING. I change my sitting positions often and it involves putting one foot or another up. My left uses the hump on the floor between the driver and passenger. My right will rest on a door pocket.

Exercise is helpful. Find what you enjoy.

Rest as you need to...don't put it off, you will only feel worse.

Find the simple joys in life :>)

Delegate, Delegate, Delegate!

Don't be afraid to ask for help

Try my suggestions or modify to fit your lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment