Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I'm in Arizona

Hoping this to be the beginning of returning to my daily blog. My blog was turned upside down. The only way to find my blog was to search for it on the internet. I lost my photo and the list of the blogs I follow. Dwain was able to restore everything except my photo and my friends' blogs. I will be able to recreate both. Did anyone have trouble with Blogger changing their format? I hope not.

We are parked in southern Arizona in a place referred to Imperial Dam/Senator's Wash. This is BLM land and termed Long Time Visitors' Area (LTVA). You can stay two weeks in the LTVA for $40 or $180 for "the season" which is September to May. There is every type of RV here. They are parked every which way. The reason we return to this location is because of the quiet. We have made friends and participate in activities.

My Fibromyalgia is in check. We had a few 80 degree days where my Fibromyalgia symptoms increased. However, they were better by morning. One day a week we travel to Yuma, which is 20 miles south, to run errands. It is always a long day and I spend the evening in my recliner. Otherwise, while I'm home, I have been working on household chores. Also, compiling tax info. By doing these things, I'm able to break when my body tells me it needs rest. The chores I've been working on are ones that need to be done yearly. So, feeling accomplished. Dwain and I walked nearly 2 miles, which is a mile longer than I've ever done. My upper legs do not enjoy the last half mile, but I've done it! Proud of myself. I know it is good for me.

I hope everyone is having a nice day. Hugs

You can ... hear your body when it talks to you. Are you listening?

You can ... step out of your comfort zone. Have you lately?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, this is the first time I'm visiting your blog, but it's a wonderful place! I also suffer from fibromyalgia, and I find that managing my pain, job, and my daughter can be too much sometimes. I wonder how you deal with the fibro fog feeling that happens? Or maybe you don't suffer from that? I feel like a lot of my pain management involves managing my negative thoughts. Reading blogs like yours, and even sites like http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-ocd, are so helpful to me. Thanks for the post and hope to hear more from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb!!! I am glad to read a post! I have missed them!!! I am hoping that someday you will get the urge to RV to SE Michigan to me!!!! (One can hope you know!). Congratulations on the 2 mile walk! that is just amazing! I hope you will have less pain this season!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I wish I was in Arizona it sounds warm just what my Fibro needs. Sad to say I am stuck in Canada and it is damp.
    After ignoring my Fibro for a year and getting to the point it was not there and I was going to be fine. I have been laid up for two days with full blown symptoms. I guess you can ignore it and think you don't have a problem when things are going well then it chomps down and reminds you it is still here.
    Take care Debbie I am glad you are in a good place with your Fibro. B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have missed them!!! I am hoping that someday you will get the urge to RV to SE Michigan to me!!!! (One can hope you know!). Congratulations on the 2 mile walk! that is just amazing! I hope you will have less pain this season!

    ReplyDelete