Friday, September 11, 2009

A Memorable Day

What a memorable day for me. Not only is it a day to remember the September 11th tragedies, but also the day my Mom passed on in 1995.

My heart breaks every time the 9-11 events come to my mind, which is daily. The destruction a few caused to so many people and their families and friends. I pray the cruelty can come to an end in my life time. I don't have much time left so they better hurry.

It's been 14 years since my Mom passed on. Doesn't seem like that long ago. I stayed with her on her last night and she passed away around 7:30 am. She had Alzheimers and was in a care facility in Forest Grove, Oregon. It was a hard drive back to Astoria that day. Once I got a quick shower, Dwain, Heather and I drove to Tillamook to meet with my Dad and brothers to make funeral arrangements. That was our first time to be involved in the arrangement process..WOW, that was tuff.

On a happier note...my grandsons Patrick and Joshua will have their first jr. high football game of the season on Saturday. Patrick will be the QB and Joshua will be a wide receiver. I figure it will be like playing catch in the back yard! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment