Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fibronomics

Fibronomics? I learned this term by reading Mark J. Pellegrino, M. D.'s book. "Fibronomics is defined as the art of properly manipulating our fibromyalgia bodies in the environment to enable completion of an activity with minimal pain. Fibronomics can be applied to everything we do in life, no matter how simple it is. There are four easy rules of fibronomics, and once these are learned and applied, our bodies will automatically follow them."

Four Rules to Fibronomics:

1. Arms stay at home: The favorite position for our arms is at our side with our elbows touching on our sides...

2. Unload the back: Avoid bending forward at the waist; maintain a natural arched curvature; put your feet on a foot rest; lie on your side with a pillow between your knees; avoid picking up heavy objects, bend your knees and lift with your legs; wear sensible shoes, no heels.

3. Support always welcome: Use support items like pillows or footstools. Whatever works for you.

4. Be naturally shifty: Move or shift your muscles regularly.


Today has been a day of trying to remember my fibronomics. When I am able to accomplish multiple tasks in one day, I find that I push my body too far. When my body is DONE, I forget the basic rules that help to keep my Fibromyalgia in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment