Saturday, August 8, 2009

How Positive R U?

I work VERY hard to stay positive during my day. To be honest, by dinner-time my positive attitude is beginning to fade. My patience is short. My fatigue has increased, which increases my Fibro Fog and my pain. If I have an issue that kicks my anxiety into gear prior to dinner-time, I'm in trouble the rest of the day. When I'm feeling really rotten, I'm usually quiet. I need to work harder when I open my mouth to be nice. I'm sure everyone has these experience that has constant chronic pain and fatigue.

Because I have been dealing with Fibromyalgia continuously for 6 1/2 years, I have come to a place that when pity party thoughts enter my head, I dismiss them or replace with something I need to do. Depression would be easy to entertain if I didn't constantly work at being positive.

I try not to talk about my FM symptoms in a complaining manner. Who wants to listen to me complain every time I open my mouth. On the other hand, when I say I can't participate in something, I'm usually asked to explain why. I do not enjoy explaining my limitations. Reminds me what I am missing. There again, is a pity party comin' on...gotta work to bring positive thoughts into my life. Because I know when I can't participate and am accepting of the joy of watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment